I’m back with a recipe for the best hamburger buns you’ll ever taste! I don’t like the buns sold in the supermarkets, however, I’m always too lazy to bake my own as they take so much time to make. That’s why I use this recipe cause it’s super easy and fast and what’s more – those buns taste like heaven!
Ingredients (cca 6 big buns):
- 2 tbsp active dry yeast (or one cube of normal yeast)
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1tbsp salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 220°C.
- In a small bowl mix warm water with yeast and a teaspoon of sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Put flour, sugar, oil, an egg and salt into a large mixing bowl, then add the water with yeast. Use a wooden spoon to stir until just combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead by hand 3 to 5 minutes, adding more flour to dough as needed until a smooth, soft, elastic and only slightly sticky dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces and shape them into smooth balls. Place them on a prepared baking sheet, cover with a cloth or elastic wrap and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Uncover buns, brush them with a beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
Hamburger I made yesterday with some delicious sweet potato fries!